Eco Lagoon Combo Ixtapa
- Get away from the Ixtapa resort area and experience nature at the Barra de Potosi Lagoon area
- Visit plantations where locals harvest tasty mangos, papayas and coconuts
- See a ceramic factory where artisans craft earthenware, bricks, tiles and clay decorations
- Relax at the Barra de Potosi Lagoon and look for diverse fauna in the mangroves
- Enjoy a Mexican buffet lunch with the ocean next to you
- Activity duration: 5 hours (not including transportation time to and from activity)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
Encounter the lush side of Ixtapa with a guided excursion to the fishing village area of Barra de Potosi Lagoon, which amazes with its rich wildlife and peaceful sights. On this journey, you'll also visit tropical plantations and a ceramic factory, as well as enjoying a Mexican buffet lunch and some well-deserved R&R.
See where Ixtapa's fruits and ceramics come from
Your eco-adventure begins with morning pick-up from your Ixtapa resort on an air-conditioned ride that will take you south past Zihuatanejo and toward the Playa Larga area. An expert bilingual guide will give you insights about the gorgeous landscapes along the way until arriving to plantations bursting with delicious mangos, papayas and coconuts.
Learn how the locals harvest these important fruits, keeping a tradition alive that spans centuries. Then you'll go to a ceramic factory, where you'll see how local craftsmen create materials such as bricks, tiles and earthenware decorations that show off the color and vibrancy of the Pacific coast.
Discover the ecological serenity of Barra de Potosi Lagoon
Next up, your outing takes you to Barra de Potosi Lagoon, a natural wonder hidden in plain sight. The waters and the ambience there are very tranquil, and you'll find yourself in a total state of relaxation when you're there. Additionally, don't be surprised to see an abundance of endemic animal species who live and thrive in the lagoon's beautiful mangroves. Take in the amazing sights, marvel at a diversity of birds, and truly feel in touch with Ixtapa's nature.
To refuel from all the exploration and sightseeing on your eco tour, you'll get to enjoy a delicious buffet meal next to the ocean. Savor the regional flavors of Mexico with grilled chicken or grilled fish, with delightful guacamole and salad as garnishes, plus one drink that can be a beer, soda or purified water. When you finish, board your transportation for the return ride to your resort to complete a naturally unforgettable day of adventure.
- Bring bathing suit, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, appropriate footwear and camera
- Bring extra money for snacks, tips and souvenirs (tipping is optional)
- People with disabilities cannot participate
IncludedRound-trip, air-conditioned transportation
Certified tour guide
Canoe ride at the lagoon
Buffet lunch: grilled fish or chicken, guacamole and salad
One beverage: beer, soda or purified water