City Tour Ixtapa
- Shop along the palm trees at the quaint town of Zihuatanejo and its pedestrian area
- Visit a crafts market with more than 250 vendors selling souvenirs, handicrafts, silver, and art
- Learn about this fishing village's history from your expert bilingual guide
- Activity duration: 3 hours (not including transportation time to and from activity)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
You've spent plenty of time on the sandy beaches and blue Pacific waters, now go on an Ixtapa city tour to explore the charming fishing town of Zihuatanejo. This afternoon getaway takes you along the cobbled streets of a town that dates back more than 500 years. Walk by markets and palm-covered restaurants as your knowledge guide tells you everything about this area's rich history.Stroll the palm-lined pier of Zihuatanejo
Begin the Ixtapa city tour with pick-up from your resort. An air-conditioned vehicle will take you just 4 miles away to the sleepy town of Zihuatanejo, founded in the 1500s by the Spaniards. Flanked between the Pacific Ocean and the Sierra Madre Mountains, you'll be guided through landmarks such as Fisherman's Path (Paseo del Pescador), which provides a pedestrian walkway connecting the fishing pier (Malecon) to the archaeological museum. Here, visitors can shop beneath palm trees and dine in some of the area's best restaurants specializing in seafood and Mexican fare, which you'll have a chance to buy on this special outing.
Shop and dine in this historic town
Your visit to Zihuatanejo is more than Malecon, though. Visit the crafts market with more than 250 shops offering Taxco silver, seashell souvenirs, Mexican textiles and handicrafts, and local art. You can also explore the Museum (Museo Arqueologico de la Costa Grande), which is a small place showcasing artifacts from pre-Columbian and colonial times. Once your Zihuatanejo tour concludes, you'll be headed back to your resort so you can spend your evening along Ixtapa's wonderful beaches.
- Bring your camera and extra money for souvenirs
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as well as sunscreen
- City tour
- Refreshing beverage